24 July 2009

Arrete de nomination!

For weeks now, I have been checking the mailbox every day-- and sometimes twice a day-- as I eagerly awaited the arrival of my "arrete de nomination" (the document that would inform me of the legth of my contract, the age-level I would teach, and my exact teaching location).

Today I received my "arrete de nomination" in the mail, and I think it was one of the most exciting moments of my life.

Printed on that famous abnormaly long European paper was a lot of unfamiliar French words, but I did manage to comprehend that I will be teaching in Corbeil Essonnes, which is about 40 minutes outside of southern Paris by the RER B trainline. My orientation begins October 1!


The circled area is the general location of where I will be... relative to Paris, that is. But isn't everything measured by it's relativity to Paris?

Anyway... it feels great to have at least some more information about what I have gotten myself into. Now it's time to plan a day trip to Chicago to apply for my visa!

No comments:

Post a Comment