30 March 2010

Corsica: the short version

Back from a sunny and extremely lazy weekend in Corsica! We didn't have much time there to enjoy the landscape, but here is what we did see in Ajaccio:

A cathedral facing the Mediterranean. I might actually go to church if I could walk out and see such a fantastic view.


The birth home of Napoleon Bonaparte. One of the coolest places I have ever visited. The house is beautiful and I learned more about the Bonaparte family than I ever intended on knowing.


Some chick enjoying the sunshine. Unfortunately she is still too pale to allow this picture to be shown in it's color version.

Other important parts of our trip included eating scrumptious pizza, drinking wine from Ajaccio, and learning how eggs are created inside of a chicken. I'm pretty sure I won't be eating any for a while!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Would you say you need a car to see Corsica or can you just go and walk around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you go to a city there is no need for a car, though we were only there for 1.5 days. I've heard it's really great to drive around and see the landscape, but we were in the town the whole time. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete